Use MassImpact to count how many Contacts have an email address, per Account.
Help Marketing plan - provide the number of Contacts that have emails, per Account!
In the example below, we are using MassImpact’s Object Count feature to discover how many Contacts have an email address, per Account.
This can be helpful to your Marketing Department as they budget and plan for their yearly email campaigns.
To use the attached the scenario in your installation of DemandTools:
- Save the scenario to the default MassImpact Scenario file path (Documents\DemandToolsData\MassImpact Scenarios) or a place of your choice
- Access the MassImpact module
- Click Load Scenario and select the scenario, Count how many Contacts have emails per Account
Below are detailed setup instructions for the attached scenario.
Optional Salesforce Setup:
- Create a custom field on the Account Object to store the count.
- Field used in the example: Contacts w/ email address.
- Note: A custom field is not required as the results do not have to be pushed into Salesforce. Some users opt to export the counts only.
MassImpact Screen 1:
- Select Account as the object to use
- Select the fields to show on the results grid
- Fields chosen in example: Account Name & Contacts w/ email address
MassImpact Screen 2:
- Create a condition to specify which Accounts to include in the process
- To include all accounts use condition, ID != (leave the value box blank)
- Condition used in example: Account Type = Customer,Prospect
- Choose the Field to Update
- If a custom field was created to populate with this count, select that field as the field to update
- If gathering this count for export only, any field may be chosen as the results will never be processed, only exported
- Field used in example: Contacts w/ email address
- Click on the Object Count tab
- Select the Contacts object
- Check the Limit by where condition checkbox & click the Edit Where Condition button
- Create condition, email != (leave the value box blank), Click the Add Condition button, Click the OK button
- Click the Add to Set Conditions button
MassImpact Screen 3:
- Export the results to a spreadsheet or Process counts to update the Contact w/ email address field/Custom field
- Export Only, no processing into Salesforce: Click the Export Grid Data button
- Process into Salesforce: Click the Update Records button
Images of MassImpact setup:
Olivia M.J. Hinkle
Product Adoption Manager